Well as you all know I haven't done so well at keeping up my blog lately. Only 5 more days until Christmas and I have not wrapped one single present!
This is a very difficult time of year for me and I can honestly say that if it weren't for my kids and grandkids, I would not have even decorated this year. It's hard to believe that on Thursday, it will be 2 years since mom passed away. She LOVED Christmas time and she LOVED her grandbabies so it is really tough not having her here to enjoy these things with us. I know that she is looking down with so much pride at Miss Kaylee! And I am sure she is in awe at how smart Miss Aliyah is.
Add to that, the fact that the 26th would have been my dad's 68th birthday and it is all almost more than I can bear. I can't believe that he has been gone almost 14 years. He would have loved Aliyah and Kaylee so much! I can still see, just like it was yesterday, the 1st time that he held Ashley. Being a Papa suited him!
I sooo DO NOT like being an orphan!
I want to send a HUGE 'Thank-You' to my friend Rhonda Hanna! She is such a wonderful friend! I talked to her this morning and she knows I have been really down lately.... about an hour after our conversation I received a BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement. Thank you so much Rhonda, they did make me smile.... and cry!!!!
I finally finished up my Christmas cards and got them in the mail on Saturday! I have NEVER mailed my cards this late. Oh well, better late than never.
I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
God Bless you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment