Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 ALMOST GONE

I can't believe that another year is almost over. I have really struggled the last week. I made it through the anniversary of mom's passing and dad's birthday. It is hard to believe that mom has been gone 2 years and dad almost 14. I miss them so much every day!
As I write this post, I am sitting at St John's Hospital. Please pray for my Aunt Peggy as she has been here since Christmas Eve.... doesn't look as though she will be going home anytime soon. And also pray for a speedy recovery for my nephew, Derek, who had surgery this morning in Columbia.

I had a wonderful Christmas with the kids and granddaughters. I am so blessed.
All Miss Aliyah asked Santa for was a box of fudge and some chocolate sandwich cookies and he came through for her. She was so excited. Of course he brought about 50 more things also. We left milk & cookies out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer...... they left a terrible mess but Santa left a letter explaining that he didn't have time to clean it up because he had so many more presents to deliver. She thought that was funny! Miss Kaylee slept through most of the festivities but that was expected since she is only six weeks old! Can't wait til next year when she is right in the middle of everything!
I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Great New Year!

All in all we have had a great year this year. The birth of Miss Kaylee and Miss Aliyah's 3rd birthday were the highlights of the year. It is so hard to believe that Aliyah is already 3 years old. She lights up my world. And witnessing the birth of my 2nd granddaughter was awesome. I am so lucky to have been able to be with both my girls when they gave birth to their girls! Thanks Nicki & Ashley for sharing this with me. And thanks for giving me the World's Most Beautiful granddaughters! I am the happiest Nana in the world!
(Sure wish my mom and dad were here to share this with us)

We have also suffered loss this year but I will not get into, but I will say that I am sure going to miss my neighbor, Lonnie, standing at the corner waving at me in the morning! Rest In Peace Lonnie!

I am anxious to see what 2011 has in store for us...... possibly a wedding? We will have to wait and see!

God Bless You All!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Leave Us A Message!